WELCOME TO THE NCC ART ROOM

!!!! WELCOME TO THE NCC ART ROOM !!!!

Hi there! This is a new experiment Mr.Craig is going to try as an even easier way of bringing you examples of student work and to keep his image set organized and useful. Let me know if you are using it, if you find any problems or dead links and if there is anything you would like to see!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Colour Chasing part 1

THIS ONE WAS AN ENORMOUS HIT WITH MY STUDENTS!!!!!! SHARE IT AROUND!!!!!
Adapted from Adventures in Art

"The color field painter Morris Louis inspired this project. I saw a great show of his work last year in D.C. He stuff is so subtle and beautiful; I could stare at it all day. "




"In my student’s version I taped down normal white paper to larger
pieces of cardboard. Large drops of liquid watercolor were then added to the paper. The students raised the cardboard on one side till the paint ran over to the opposite side and then repeated this till the paint was absorbed. The students worked with one color at a time. What I love about these paintings is that each one turned out so different."












No comments:

Post a Comment