WELCOME TO THE NCC ART ROOM

!!!! WELCOME TO THE NCC ART ROOM !!!!

Hi there! This is a new experiment Mr.Craig is going to try as an even easier way of bringing you examples of student work and to keep his image set organized and useful. Let me know if you are using it, if you find any problems or dead links and if there is anything you would like to see!

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Step by Step Digital Art (step 5)

Tyrion Lannister scruff.jpg 
In this stage I added the strands of hair and his stubble, while adding more highlights and shadows to his face. A good tip when painting hair is to not have it all go one way, as hair naturally falls in different ways and sometimes in clumps. (Looking back on it now, I shouldn't have added all those strands because his hair will eventually end up looking straw-like with all the different highlights going in different directions. 

Also, when I went and painted his stubble/facial hair I used a different tool, the spray tool to get my desired effect. Using the spray brush, it gave the opportunity to generally give him shadow, where his beard would be. Instead of drawing each individual hair on his face, I sprayed his jawline and mouth area so I wouldn't have to tediously spend my time painting his facial hair.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment